Avanade Digital Innovation Award
Signature Award European Enterprise Challenge 2018
The Avanade Digital Innovation Signature Award will recognize the young entrepreneurs who were best able to put their digital skills into practice to conceive an innovative business idea or concept. In addition to having an excellent business plan the start-ups will be judged on their ability to demonstrate the most creative use of digital innovations such as, mobility, collaboration tools, cloud-based technology, machine learning, artificial intelligent, Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain, in their products or services.
The prizes are designed to help the young entrepreneurs to take their business to the next level, with a cash prize of Euro1000 to further their innovative idea. The winners will have the opportunity to meet and engage with Avanade Senior executives over breakfast on the 27th of June, and in a roundtable at the Avanade London Headquarters followed by dinner. Additionally, one to one mentoring for team members and coaching from Avanade executives to continue building on their skill set, and invitations to select Avanade activities and events.
The Award will be judged by a number of Avanade senior leaders, including:
• Matt Joe, Chief Technology Innovation Officer, Avanade
• Jens Boegh-Nielsen, Executive-General Manager, Avanade Nordic Region
• Caroline Fanning, Chief People Officer, Avanade Europe
• Heba Ramzy, Senior Director Global Citizenship, Avanade
The Award will go to team whose business concept best demonstrates excellence in the following areas. Award Criteria:
1. Use of Digital Innovation (45%): Has the team demonstrated use of digital innovations such as those listed above in their product or services? Does the company introduce a genuinely new innovative product or service? Does the product or service deliver an innovative user experience, along with creative design?
2. Viability & Feasibility (30%): Does the team demonstrate sufficient business potential, with a realistic and practical business plan? Has the team presented a well thought through plan (do they have in place a strategy, business case, partnership structure, distribution channels) that have all the elements of being successful in the identified markets? Does the company accurately recognize and fill a gap in the market, or create a new one? Does the team have potential investors lined up, and a market tested product?
3. Business Sustainability (15%): Has the team demonstrated concrete steps to ensure a real and sustainable business, from leadership, recruiting top talent, operational agility and efficiencies, sound decision making where it comes to taking calculated risks to grow.
4. Presentation and soft skills (10%): Was the team’s presentation creative and compelling? Does the team demonstrate effective team work and communication skills to present their company to various stakeholders?
BONUS Criteria (5points)
5. Digital Ethics: Has the team demonstrated a commitment to digital ethics? Which digital ethics principles are taken into consideration by the start-up? Does the product or service development demonstrate an approach or a methodology based on the concept of “digital ethics by design”?
Global Citizenship Senior Director, Avanade – Seattle, WA
Heba is currently the global citizenship senior director at Avanade. Heba has an accomplished professional history having worked at Microsoft for 14 years and being the founding partner of H&E consult. Heba has received numerous national and international awards including the National Honorary award by Egypt’s First Lady, Cable & Wireless Childnet International Award for excellence, and Microsoft’s highest award, Circle of Excellence in 2007. Heba also created the first international acclaimed Egyptian children gateway, “Little Horus” and co-founded 21st Century Kids Club. Heba has also served on national and international NGO boards and is currently the chairwoman of the MasterPeace board, a member of the Co-Opinion advisory board, and a member of the Eisenhower Fellow President Advisory Council.
Heba holds a master’s degree from London School of Economics in Analysis, Design and Management of Information Systems, and a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the American University in Cairo.
Chief Technology Innovation Officer, Avanade – Seattle, WA
As Avanade’s Chief Technology Innovation Officer, Matt helps teams envision, embrace, and realize the art of the(ir) possible in today’s digital, ubiquitous computing world. He is a proven technology leader, innovator, and industry speaker who understands that technology shines best when it embraces users' needs in intuitive, elegant, and eye-opening ways. Matt is the Chairman of the Technology Leadership Council of a non-profit, 501 Commons, is a member of Microsoft’s Distinguished Engineers Council, a member of Accenture's Technology Vision External Advisory Board where he works with industry leaders to help shape its forward looking trends, and is also a member of Accenture’s Global Technology Leadership Council. Matt graduated from Boston College where he studied Computer and Cognitive Science.
Executive-General Manager, Avanade -Nordic Region
Jens currently serves as Avanade’s Executive-General Manager for the Nordic Region. Jens also serves as the SVP Head of Sales & Marketing for EALA for four years. Prior to this, he was the Senior Vice President-Head of Application Management Sales for Continental Europe for Capgemini for 5 years for Europe, the Partner / Senior Executive / Managing Director of Accenture for 5 years for Europe, and the Client Solutions Executive for IBM for 5 years for London, UK and the Nordic Region. Jens studied his MBA and Commercial Law at the Copenhagen Business School.
Vice President Human Resources, Avanade – Reading, United Kingdom
Caroline has a passion for helping individuals maximise their career potential. In her Executive role leading the European Human Resources team at Avanade, Caroline draws from a tenured background to utilize effective people strategies to drive business performance. In this role, she oversees the people strategy across organisational change, talent management, recruiting, resourcing, business restructuring and employee experience in alignment with business goals. Caroline has extensive experience working previously as the VP of Global HR Business Partners for OpenText and the VP of Human Resources for EMEA and APJ, Human Resources Director of Operations for EMEA and Human Resources Director of NHS Program at CSC, with further experience at Powergen, BNFL, 3Com Ltd and Hewlett Packard. Caroline holds a 1st class honours business degree from Aston University, UK. Caroline also has a certificate in Executive Leadership from Cornell University.